ALLYSON'S ATTIC


/\ /\ /\ /\ Splash Page from Green Lantern #55 Pencils Doug Mahnke /\ /\ /\

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Superman / Batman : Sorcerer Kings TPB single Issues 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 Review

Rating 4 out of 5

You get 4 full stories in one TPB but they range from great to meh and I'm not sure if any will make it into continuity, especially the streamline continuity we have now in the DC universe {rolleyes}.

The stories are as follows:
 
1. "Who Would Win?"- Only 15 pages long in issue 78, but full of fun. Batman and Superman face off. Rating 4.5 out of 5
Writers: Joe & Jack Kelly, Artist: Ed Benes, Colorist: Pete Pantazis, Letterer: Swands, Associate Editor: Rex Ogle, Editor: Eddi Berganz

2. A World of Their Own - Only 8 pages long in issue 78. Has Huntress and Power Girl version of the S/B pair, It was kinda of a downer and felt unresolved. Rating 2.5 of 5.
Writer: Amanda McMurray, Art: Brett Booth, colors: Andrew Dalhouse, Letters: Swands

3.Worlds' Finest - Two issues long, Issues 79-80. Batman, Robin, and Superman from year One Million chase a time traveling criminal who runs to the past only to meet up with Batman (Bruce), Robin(Dick), and Superman (Clark). Rating 3.3 out of 5
Writer:  Chris Roberson, Artist: Jesus Merino, Colorist: Blond, Letterer: Swands

4. SORCERER KINGS - Four issues, Issues 81-84, This story is great! Rating 4.5 out of 5. Medieval Batman from the future recruits Superman from current day to help him correct what will be a pivotal point in time, while Batman of current day searches for Superman with the help of The Shadowpact. A good deal of Magic is involved.
Writer: Cullen Bunn, Penciller: Chriscross, Inker: Marc Deering, Colorist: Brad Anderson, Letterer: John J Hill

Hold on to your hat for the spot on Cameos in Sorcerer Kings:

Phantom Stranger
Blue Devil
Ragman
Warlocks Daughter
Detective Chimp
Doctor Occult
Felix Faust
Blackbriar Thorn
Brother Blood
Morgaine Le Fey
Klarion The Witch Boy (current)

Creeper (Alternate future version)

Klarion The Warlock(future)
Teekl (Klarion's cat)
Traci 13
Jason Blood/Etrigan
Arthur Curry
Stanley Dover and his Monster
Firestorm (alternate future version)
            AND

Batwing as a dragon.




SPOILERS for Sorcerer Kings:


The first time I read the story it was the Monthly issues and I had a long enough gap between issues it was hard from me to get into what was going on by the next issue and the action scenes I had trouble following, BUT when I read them all together it was a different story and I enjoyed it very much and with the action scenes when I followed the Sword of Superman they went a lot better.
Some of the things I didn't like is the future characterization of the Creeper as a bad guy, I just don't believe he would turn, but I got over it pretty fast.
Future Batman had a new partner called Nina, that was a change of pace from the brightly colored Robins, but I liked her from the beginning, even when she transforms into a ghoul.

With all that you get out of this trade, I think it's more then worth the price. Amazon currently has it for $13.94 new.


1 comment:

  1. My family every time say that I am killing my time here at net, however I know I
    am getting familiarity daily by reading thes nice articles or reviews.



    Check out my web site - Online Batman Games

    ReplyDelete