ALLYSON'S ATTIC


/\ /\ /\ /\ Splash Page from Green Lantern #55 Pencils Doug Mahnke /\ /\ /\

Saturday, October 1, 2011

BATMAN: Legends of the Dark Knight BLINK 156 157 158 Action Comics 847 DC Comics presents TPB



RATING 3.3 out of 5

It wasn't bad but wasn't great either. The DC Presents BATMAN: Blink TPB actually has two complete stories. Both written by Dwayne McDuffie. One is actually a Superman story with no Batman in it. 

1. BLINK: Legends of the Dark Knight 156-158 Rating 3.4 out of 5
Penciller: Val Semeiks, Inker: Dan Green, Colorist: James Sinclair, Letterer: Kurt Hathaway, Seperations by Digital Chameleon, Editor: Andy Helfer

BLINK was well written but the story itself was unmemorable. I would say it wasn't very memorable at all, because I had read it once before and completely forgot about it.  The plot has Batman teaming up with a blind grifter who's an eye witness to a serial murder. The blind grifter has a special talent of being able to see through the eyes of someone else after he has touched them.


2. INTERMEZZO: Action Comics 847 Rating 3 out of 5
Art and Color: Renato Guedes, Letterer: Travis Lanham, Ass Editor: Nachie Caskra, Editor: Matt Welson.

INTERMEZZO was very bland. Ma and Pa Kent are worried about Clark because he has been missing, and Pa Kent remembers a adventure he had with Clark that they kept secret from Ma Kent.

I liked the art in the Blink better, I think its because of the colors of James Sinclair, also the story had some suspense and the idea of a blind grifter that could see through others eyes was intriguing, but this would not be a story I would recommend as a "must have".  If the DC Presents series was to showcase McDuffie's writing I wouldn't have suggested it for that either.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Regardless, just wanted to say great blog!
    my web page - canada goose

    ReplyDelete